Thursday, October 18, 2007

Trip Overview

3 continents, 31 countries (counting Vatican City & Monaco), 131 days

I took 7,500 pictures. The highlights are posted here. This page contains the reduced pictures, so that wide screen monitors can see the entire picture, so they are all 554 x 416 or 416 x 554. The larger pictures can be found at http://hawketravelpics.blogspot.com

Send feedback, questions, or requests for more pictures of something specific to ShaneRobertHawke@gmail.com

My only two souvenirs from the trip - Papyrus painting from Egypt and a stein from Oktoberfest.



My route:



I started out by flying into Cairo (A). Spent two weeks in Egypt, then flew into Frankfurt (B) and followed that route into Turkey. From Istanbul (C) I flew to Athens (D), spent a week and a half doing Athens and the Cyclades Islands, then flew from Athens to Dubrovnik, Croatia (E). Followed that route (flying from Croatia to Italy instead of taking a ferry) until I got to Dublin (F). I ended the trip by flying into Munich (G) for five days of Oktoberfest.

No comments: